If a divorced father wishes to make early shabbos by plag, how does he light shabbos candles if he leaves to shul for mincha before plag? Can his unmarried daughter light on behalf of him? With a bracha? Will there be a difference on this for sefard or ashkenaz psak?


You may appoint your unmarried daughter as your agent to light candles after plag hamincha when you are already at shul. She would in fact make the bracha on the lighting as well. This is true for Sefardim and Ashkenazim alike.

Tags: candles plag hamincha

Share The Knowledge

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Shabbat eve candles plag hamincha or ask your own question.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *