I offered a bid for an ap’t and the seller accepted my bid. Am I committed to pay that price? Nothing was signed, the contract has not reached the hands of the lawyers, can I decide to change my offer?
A few words about why I would like to change my offer. The offer was in US Dollars, rather than in shekels. But now the price I will pay with the shekels I have in the bank has gone up and I will need to come up with more shekels because the US Dollar has gone up in value.
Although legally I can back down since nothing was signed, do I have an Halachik/moral obligation to live up to my bid and not change it??
Thank you!

Answer:

AN accepted bid is not viewed as an agreement to sell or buy, rather an agreed upon price for a potential sale. Backing out at this point would be permissible.

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Commandments and prohibitions or ask your own question.