I am seriously dating someone and I have the following question. My mother’s name is פסחה – Pescha- Female word for Passover, and the girl I’m dating is named פעשא – Pesha. I saw in one source that the name Pesha – פעשא – means Passover – female for Passover. Therefore, if I assume that the name פסחה – Pescha and פעשא – Pesha mean the same thing – Passover – female for Passover – is there an issue for us to get married based on Rabbi Yehudah HaChasid’s will where he says one may not marry a girl who has the same name as his own mother. Thank you for your time…

Answer:

No, even though they have the same root and even meaning, they are 2 distinct names and pose no problem of the Tzaava of Rav Yehuda Hachasid.

Tags: Marriage rav yehuda hachasid

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Wedding Marriage rav yehuda hachasid or ask your own question.

One Response to “Marrying Girl with Same Name as Mother”

1. Thank you very much!