Question:

I just moved into a new apartment with non-Jewish roommates. I keep completely kosher and I am trying to figure out how to make hot food in a non-kosher kitchen. From what I understand, I can use the stove top with my kosher pots/pans because it has metal grates which are always koshered by the flame. I also read that I can use the oven and microwave if I double wrap my food. My question is about practicality. If I double wrap trays of food every time I cook in the oven that will use a lot of aluminum foil. Is there an approach using some kind of reusable material to wrap my food?

Thank you

Answer:

You can get containers that fit one into the other, and then close both of them. This will be a double covering, and reuseable.

Best Wishes

Tags: covering meat and milk

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Mixtures of meat and milk covering meat and milk or ask your own question.