Hi my name is Alaijha. In health class we are working on projects due March 3rd and the topic I chose is the beliefs about birth control between Catholics and Judaism. I just have a few questions if you wouldn’t mind answering them.
1. What do you teach about birth control?
2. If a couple came to you for advice about birth control, what would you say? Would it make a difference if they were married? Why?
3. Has the teaching of this religion always been the same, regarding birth control or has it changed over time?
- Judaism frowns upon birth control, as the first commandment given to Adam was to procreate. G-d wants the world populated and birth control is the opposite of that.
- When a couple comes for advise on birth control it is dealt with on a very individual basis, which is beyond the scope of what we can discuss at this time. Judaism doesn’t allow sex before the two people are married to each other.
- As far as I know, these laws haven’t changed with time.