Question:

I know that one may not purchase clothing in the Nine Days even if he will not wear it until after the Nine Days. My question is what is called “purchasing”? If he places an order online (even if he is charged), but the clothing will not arrive until later, is it okay? Don’t we paskin that maos are not konos?

Answer:

This is a good question. I heard in the name of R’ Y. Berkowitz shlit”a that even though technically you might not be koneh it yet and you won’t receive it until after the nine days, nevertheless it is considered “oisek b’masa umatan”, and should not be done. (Understandably we still have to say that it is only for tings that chazal said not to buy and be osek with, during the nine days).

Tags: buying clothes in nine days

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged The Nine Days buying clothes in nine days or ask your own question.