Question:

Am I aloud to see my wife’s hair

Answer:

When she is tahor it is permitted, and when she is a nida it depends. If she usually walks around the house with her hair covered, then it is considered a makom mechusa and he should not look at her hair, and if she usually walks around the house with her hair uncovered then it is controversial. R’ Moshe zt”l held that since she walks around the house this way, (although it is preferred not to) it isn’t considered a makom mechusa and he may look, however other poskim say that it is still considered a makom mechusa and that he shouldn’t look.  See sources.

Igros Moshe Y:D 2-72, Siurei Shevet Halevi Y:D 196-2  sikum 2, Chut Shani 196-9, OhelYackov Y:D 195-7 (4), Mareh Cohen pg. 82.

Tags: hair covering nida

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Niddah and ritual immersions hair covering nida or ask your own question.