Question: finish sources

1. If I’m in the alps, and see different alp mountains at different times, do I make a bracha on each one? What happens if I’m on a journey through a mountain range, and the scenery is continually changing?
  2. Another question – if I first saw the mountains from an aeroplane, but didn’t make a bracha because I wasn’t sure if the view was clear enough, can I still make the bracha when seeing them later from the ground?

Answer:

1. You would not make another bracha, as it is controversial, if it is considered seeing something new or not, and safek brachos l’hakel.
  2. When seeing the ocean or mountains from a plane, even if the view is not clear according to numerous poskim we can still say the bracha. Saying the bracha later when you land, is problematic, since you already saw the mountains.

Best Wishes

1. M:B 224-17 who brings the different opinions and at the end he writes to see the Pischei Teshuva, and over there he writes that since it is a safek brachos one should not make another bracha, see Sharei Hoayin chap. 1-15.
  2. Sharei Habracha 21-2, see ftnt. 2 that he brings from R’ M. Shternbuch shlit”a that even when seeing from a plane and it isn’t clear, if the actual mountain or ocean was seen then one can make the bracha. Also see V’zos Habracha pg. 154.

Tags: brachos

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Blessings (brachot) brachos or ask your own question.