Question:

I was in a doctor’s office and saw an infant’s skeleton. Do I have to publicize this to make kohanim aware? can I assume that it is NOT from a Yid?

Answer:

It is hard to imagine that the skeleton is real, and not just an imitation made out of plastic etc., but if it indeed is real, yes you should let kohanim know this. Even if the skeleton is not of a Yid, kohanim should not be metameh even to goyim.

Tizku L’mitzvos

Shulchan Aruch Y:D 372-2.

Tags: tumas kohanim

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Purity laws for Kohanim tumas kohanim or ask your own question.

4 Responses to “skeleton in doctors office”

1. Q: I was in a doctor’s office and saw an infant’s skeleton. Do I have to publicize this to make kohanim aware? can I assume that it is not from a Yid?
    A; It is hard to imagine that the skeleton is real, and not just an imitation made out of plastic etc., but if it indeed is real, yes you should let kohanim know this. Even if the skeleton is not of a Yid, kohanim should not be metameh even to goyim.

I asked the doctor and he said it was real.
    My question was about טומאת אהל

• Then you should inform kohanim not to go there.

• WHERE IS THAT?

• ROCKLAND COUNTY NY