Question:

Can I make a shachris minyan and Bris in a conservative synagogue which no longer has any services on a regular basis ( I am not sure about the high holidays). If not, would the hallway be any different?

Answer:

R’ Mםshe Feinstein Zt”l writes that we are not allowed to make a minyan in a conservative temple, even if it is in a differant room. This is because it appears like the people are going to pray together with them

Igros Moshe O:CH 3-25, O:CH 4-91(6).

Tags: conservative minyan

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Prayer (tefilla) conservative minyan or ask your own question.

2 Responses to “Can I make a shachris minyan and Bris in a Conservative temple?”

1. The question noted that the conservative temple no longer has any services on a regular basis.
    So it would seem that R’ Moshe Feinstein’s concern about it looking like the people are going to pray together with them, would not be applicable.

• But going in there still looks like he is going into the temple to daven. Not everyone knows that they don’t have any more services.