For donations Click Here

Need for Heiter Iska

I found a profitable investment which my daughter would like to invest in.
1. Can I make a deal where I get a percentage of her profits without a heter iska?

Kol Tuv


Provided there is no loan between you and your daughter, there is no problem in making a deal to receive a part of her profits. In other words, a heiter iska is only required when there is a halvaah, a halachic loan, between the parties involved. If you are lending your daughter money to invest, and as a “return” for the loan she gives you a portion of the profits, a heiter iska would be required. If, however, you give her money as a gift, and there is no loan between you, you may take a percentage without arranging a heiter iska.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *