I am a fresh Jewish convert and I have 2 Non-Jewish grown-up children from a previous marriage and I would like to ask a few questions if I may.
1. Is it permissible for me to hug and kiss my Non-Jewish son?
2. On Shabbat is it permissible to apply lipstick,eyeliner or any other makeup?
3. Is perfume permitted on Shabbat?
4. At home when I enter or exit one of the rooms I kiss the Mezuzah, Is it ok or should I kiss only the main Mezuzah on the front door when I leave\enter the house?
5. If I wake up at night to use the restroom should I bless Asher Yatzar?
Thank you very much and Shavua tov!
1. Yes. He is your biological son, and it is fine to hug and kiss him.
2. No, it is not permitted to apply makeup on Shabbos. However, some are lenient concerning powdered makeup, and one can use this where there is a need. Please see here for more details.
4. You can do as you feel comfortable. There is no obligation to kiss mezuzos, and you can do whatever you feel is right for you.
Very best of wishes.