For donations Click Here

Paying Debt Via Debtor

I owe someone money that I can not afford to pay him. Someone owes me money that will cover the moneys owed. Can I tell the person to whom I am owed money to go straight to the person who owes me money. They are both very hard people to deal with.


You can instruct the person who owes you money to pay the person to whom you owe money, and inform the latter that the former is going to pay him.

However, you cannot tell the person that you owe money to that he should simply collect the debt from the person who owes you money, and thereby exempt yourself from all further dealings.

The mechanism of Shibuda deRabbi Noson allows the person to whom you owe money to approach your debtor directly and demand payment. However, it does not exempt you from responsibility for the debt.

Best wishes.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *