The government takes taxes and gives benefits for me, do i need to pay maser of the gross amount that the government pays me, or i can deduct what they took from me?
thank you


One may deduct  taxes from his from his maaser accounting.


See Pischei Tshuva, Yoreh Deah 259:1 in the name of the Chavos Yair. See also Shevet Halevi 5:133:4.

Tags: income Maaser taxes

Share The Knowledge

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Tzdakah and maaser income Maaser taxes or ask your own question.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *