after an extended hospital stay, my parent passed away,z”l. My husband and I are exhausted and I myself am overwhelmed and extremely stressed out. My husband intends to take me out of town for 3 or 4 days to the countryside, to rest, and is quite insistant, fearing for my health. I agree that I need this, but I want to know if I am entitle – halachicaly – to go.
If not, what do I do about Shalom Beit, as my husband is planning to go no matter what, since he feels too tired to return to work in this state.


Yes, this type of trip is permitted.


See Shulchan Aruch Y:D 389:25, the Aruch Hashulchan [seif 33] explains that only travelling with large groups which makes a pronounce festive atmosphere should be avoided during this time. A personal trip to recuperate is permitted.

Tags: avelus TRIP vacation

Share The Knowledge

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Mourning and burial avelus TRIP vacation or ask your own question.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *