For donations Click Here

Debt Collection


Good Morning Rabbi

I owe a Jewish School money for school fees! What is the Halocha in terms of a Jewish Institution using secular courts to collect debt from a Jew? Also I will pay them a certain amount every month but can I sign an Acknowledgement of Debt that is not prepared by a Beis Din?


They must pursue debt retrieval in Beis DIn. In some instances Beis Din will give permission to use the secular court system. Signing to acknowledge debt would not pose a problem.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *