To Donate Click Here

Avel accepting a gift


If one is in the year of aveilus for a parent, may one take a one time check from a relative to help cover basic living expenses or would this be considered a gift? I would imagine the relative had in mind to help out (as tzedakah) not to gift for any special occasion or anything


Since the money is givenas financial help it is not considered a gift for a special occasion but tzedakah.



Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *