If the food under the bed was in a sealed container is there still a problem eating it
The halachos of food that was left under a bed apply even if the food was covered.
It is noteworthy that there are instances that even if food was let under a bed that it is permitted. For example:
- It only applies if someone actually slept on the bed when the food was under it.
- It doesn’t apply to medications, or toothpaste, as they are not considered food for this.
- Food under a seat in an airplane, boat, baby carriage, the lower bed of a bunk bed, according to many poskim are not included as this only applies to food that was left on the floor under the bed, and the food in all these cases is suspended, and not on the ground.
- According to many poskim, even if the food was left under a bed, bedieved it is dtill permitted to eat.
Pesachim 112a, Shach Y:D 116-4,
- Shut Lev chikrei Lev 1-66, Shut Lev Chaim 1-61.
- Tzitz Eilezer 10-35, 13-39.
- Shevet hakehosi 2-246, Rivvos Efrayim 4-7, Divrei Yisroel 15, Darcei Teshuva 116-37, Yabia Omer 8 O:CH 51, Horav Y. Cahen Shlit”a
- Chelkas Yackov Y:D 14 D:H V’henei, Shvus Yackov 2-105, hagaos R’ Akiva Eiger and Yad Efrayim in their glosses on the S:A Y:D 116, HAr tzvi O:CH 2, Shut Eyin Yitzchok ( Rav Y> E> Spector zt”l), Darcei Teshuva ibid, Kaf Hachayim Y:D ibid, Sdei Chemed Lamed Klal 141-31, Shmiras Haguf V’hanofesh 14-ftnt. 5 brings other sources for this.