Question:

I have a frum employee that when I am not in the office he leaves without signing out. His wife is forever calling him and is very needy. I have confronted him more then once that I have SEEN him driving so I KNOW he left and he makes some excuse like oh that was literally 5 minutes, I just ran home to get lunch etc…. I do not pay for the car. I am going out of town on Tuesday and want to know if I am halachically allowed to put GPS tracker on his car to see if he leaves the office between 9 and 5. I am paying him for those 8 hours and want to make sure he’s there working.

Answer:

You may put video cameras in your office but you should not put the GPS in his car. Since it is his property, it would be a violation of his privacy.

Best Wishes

Horav Y. Berkowitz shlit”a

Tags: genivas daas stealing

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Employees and employers genivas daas stealing or ask your own question.