For donations Click Here

Returning stolen item I took as a child


When I was very young (before my bar mitzvah) I stole a piece of candy at disney world. I want to pay them back now but they are a giant corporation and I am not even sure how to do so other than going back and giving some person that works there money to put in the cash register. How do I atone for this under Jewish law?


What you have to do is give them the money in a way that you know it will get into the system, (and not get taken by the cashier behind the counter). If you give the money to the person at the customer service desk and ask for a receipt, ( or even if any cashier will give you a receipt) then you know that the company actually got the money.

Best Wishes


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *