Question:

If I have an online purchase that isn’t clear on exact arrival date, am I allowed to purchase it?
Or if it will כor sure come during the nine days is it permitted to buy the clothes?

Answer:

This is an interesting question. It would seem to be permitted to receive the package during the nine days. The reason is because the actual purchase was done before the nine days, and it isn’t going to be worn until afterwards because it is not permitted to wear new clothing during the nine days. Regarding shehechiyanu, since the minhag is not to make the bracha until wearing it, so that would also not be an issue. Therefore it would be permitted. Additionally, often packages come earlier then the date that they say t will come.

Best Wishes

Poskim

Tags: buying clothes in nine days

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged The Nine Days buying clothes in nine days or ask your own question.