Question:

Unfortunately, I need to take many pills daily for health related issues including severe pain, high blood pressure, etc. Since this year is Nidche, am I permitted to take my pills with some water, tea or coffee? Thank you.

Answer:

If you can’t take them without water you can take them, with a little bit of water (just enough to get it down), but not with tea or coffee. Even when taking them with a little bit of water, according to some poskim it is preferred to put something into the water to make it sour, however most  poskim say that there is no need to do this.

Have a refuah shleima.

Igros Moshe O:CH 2-92, Chazon Ish 116-8, Kovetz Halachos (Bien Hamitzarim) 2-8, Emes L’yackov ftnt. 522, NIshmas Avrohom 554-7, M’bais Halevi 13 pg. 57, Ohr L’Tzion 3 29-11, Chut Shani (Shabbos) 2 pg. 326

Tags: Fasting Tisha B'av

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged The ninth of Av (Tisha be-Av) Fasting Tisha B'av or ask your own question.