- Can musaf be said during bein hashmashos like mincha?
- Also, which should be said first, mincha or musaf?
- We should be careful to say mussaf before 6 ½ hours in the day, ( a half hour after chatzos) however if this wasn’t done we should be careful at least to say it before the end of the 7th hour of the day. A person that waited until after this time is considered negligent. B’dieved we can still be yotza mussaf if it was said until the time when one can daven mincha. (There are different minhagim regarding this, some daven until sunset, and some daven it even later.)
- If it already the time to daven mincha, and one is davening without a minyan, then mincha should be said before mussaf. The reason being because mincha is considered “tadir” as we daven mincha every day, however mussaf is only said on special days.
- Shulchan Aruch Orach Chaim 286-1, Piskei Teshuvos 286- 3.
- Shulchan Aruch Orach Chaim 286-4, M:B 286-10,11.