If not davening with a minyan, due to corona virus restrictions.
1. Do we say Birchas Hachodesh
2. And how do we compensate for a Torah reading
- The custom is that we do say birkas hachodesh even when we are not davening with a minyan, the same way women say it every month at home without a minyan.
- If we can make it up and hear it in the after noon at mincha, that should be done. If that can’t be done and it is a question of hearing it the next week. Essentially we should preferably hear the parshios that we missed later on (Yom Tov Sheini Khilchoso 9-14). Regarding if it is an obligation depends on the circumstances of your shul and area. If the whole shul or only part of the shul didn’t hear Kriyas Hatorah > I hope to be able to answer you more fully next week.
- Have a healthy, safe Shabbos
1. Hilchos Chag B’chag (Rosh Chodesh) pg. 23.