Davening with a minyan of ten people and one of the people is Israeli (this is on Yom Tov Sheini, but for him it was Isru Chag)
- What should we do? Can we lein regularly?
- Don’t give him an Aliyah? Is it better to avoid this situation?
- You can lein regularly, since now you have a minyan, especially this past Shavuos, when the second day of Yom Tov was Shabbos, since it is also a day of leining for the Israeli.
- It is better to avoid this situation, and not give him an aliya.
- See Yom Tov Sheini Khilchoso 9-2, that most Poskim say that he can be included in the minyan for Kriyas Hatorah because of the din of arvus. Even according to R’ S. Z. Auerbach zt”l who says not to, he agrees that if the second day of Yom Tov would be a day that the Ben E.Yisroel would have to hear Kriyas Hatorah, that he can be part of the minyan since he also has an obligation, even though it isn’t for this reading.
- See Yom Tov Sheini Khilchoso 9-3, that it is controversial therefore it is better to avoid it, and give other people the aliyos.