Shiva for my father began during the day on Sunday, May 24, 2020.
Shavuos “stopped the Shiva” a few days later.
- When will the Sh’loshim end for me, in terms of cutting nails and hair?
- When will the Sh’loshim end with regard to having precedence to be the Chazan in Shul?
Hamakom yinachem eschem b’toch shar aveilei Tzion v’Yerushalayim
- You may cut your nails on 22nd of Sivan, which is on Sunday June 14th. Regarding taking a haircut- although shloshim finished regarding aveilus, however for a parent it still continues regarding haircut until your friends reprimand you for not taking a haircut. This is generally between two and three months.
- Regarding being the chazzan, you would have kedima regarding davening for the amud and Kaddish until the real shloshim, which would be 1 in Tammuz, or June 23.
- O:CH 548-13, Nitei Gavriel (Aveilus-2) 7-2.
- M:B 548-52.