Question:

I have one onos halflaga which is 45 days. It always comes out that I already get my next veset when this onos haflaga comes out carrying over from the previous veset. What is the halacha? If you get a new veset, do onos perisha days of the previous veset automatically cancel or do you still have to keep it?

Answer:

The onas haflaga  is cancelled after 3 consecutive periods that came before day 45. I.e. if you get to day 45 (without getting a period) in the first 3 cycles since the 45 day haflaga, then day 45 is considered a veset. However, if the first three periods came before day 45, then the ’45 day onas haflaga’ is cancelled in subsequent cycles.

All the best

There is a dispute between the Rema (189:130) ,the Taz (ibid) and the Shach (ibid) if a long haflaga (e.g. 45 days) is cancelled  out by a short haflaga (e.g. 40 days). Rav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach’s conclusion regarding this dispute was as answered above.

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Niddah and ritual immersions or ask your own question.