- Is one allowed to put one’s dirty leather shoes under a running tap of water or is this considered shifshuf and only placing them into still water such as a puddle would be mutar?
- Is one allowed to wipe a plastic tablecloth with a little water on Shabbos or is this considered Libun (In a way that one isn’t doing schita)?
- Is a woman who is pregnant or wants to become pregnant allowed to take folic acid pills on Shabbos?
- Is one allowed to poke a straw in the hole in a drinking carton?
- This is not considered shifshuf, because you ae not rubbing it.
- It is permitted to wipe the plastic tablecloth lightly to dislodge any dirt.
- A woman who is trying to become pregnant and needs or a pregnant woman who needs to take folic acid is permitted to do so.
- According to most poskim it is permitted to poke a hole in the aluminum foil wrapper of a box drink. The reason is because it is considered like ripping off the seal on top of a barrel.
- Igros Moshe Y:D 2-76.
- This is permitted by numerous poskim, for various reasons. Some say because she is not considered sick. Others however say she is considered a choleh kol gufo, and therefore it is permitted for her. See Chelkas Yackov O:CH 150-1, The halachos of Refuah chap. 7 ftnt. 2 n the name of R’ Moshe Feinstein zt”l, Be’er Moshe 1-33(8), Teshuvos V’hanhagos 5-94.
- Nishmas Shabbos 340-271, The Shabbos Home pg. 89.