Thank you for your help.
1. Regarding a person staying in a hotel for Shavuos, is it ok to ask a waiter to bring them something like a fork, or coffee?
2. Would a person be allowed to ask a waiter to put food on their plate if the food is served in a buffet style with waiters?
3. Regarding refreshing oneself, is it ok to use a tissue to clean the inside of the ears on Shabbos/ Yom Tov?
4. There is no eruv tavshilin required this year (5782) regarding Shabbat and then Shavuos begins?
- I don’t see any issue with this as there is no melacha involved in the waiter bringing you this.
- This also seems to be just fine.
- It is permitted to use a tissue to clean one’s nose and ears on Yom Tov or Shabbos.
- We only make an Eruv Tavshilin when Yom Tov is before Shabbos, since we will be preparing from Yom Tov for Shabbos. However, when Shabbos is before Yom Tov, like this Shavuos, since we are not allowed to prepare anything on Shabbos for Yom Tov, there is no need to make an Eruv Tavshilim. As a side point, before Yom Tov, since we may not prepare anything from Shabbos to Yom Tov, if anything about the candles has to be perepared, it should be done before Shabbos for both days of Yom Tov. Included in this is to make sure that you will have a fire with which to light you Yom Tov candles. Therefore, some people light a 24 hour candle, in order to have a fire to be able to light the candles. Additionally, we have to remember not to light the Yom Tov candles only after it is already dark outside, and Shabbos has already finished.
Have a good Yom Tov