To Donate Click Here

Misrepresenting residency


Hi Rabbi,

I live in Israel, but also have citizenship in the United States, as I used to live there. I want the US government to advance pro-Jewish causes. To do this, I at various times try to reach the member of congress who is represents my former hometown. When I do this, am I asked to verify my residency. However, I of course live in Israel now. Is it okay if I say that I have residence in my former hometown so I can voice my pro-Jewish views to the congress woman of my former hometown?

Thanks in advance!




If you are legally allowed to vote in that district, then as far as the congressman is concerned you are part of that district. However you may not call up congressmen from other districts, as you do’t have voting rights there.

Best wishes

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *