Donations Click Here

Masser deduction para and camp


Can I deduct masser for paying a para for my son at school or camp or even camp tuition. Is camp like babysitting or different ty. Son is five and have other older kids at camp.


A person cannot deduct maser for expenses that he is obligated to do, such as pay tuition for his son’s learning, and his expenses, which would include tuition and the camp’s tuition etc.


Igros Moshe Y:D 2- 113, If your financial situation is difficult there is room to pay a part of the tuition from maser money, (see B’orach Tzedakah 11-40) but this would have to be discussed with a Rov in person.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *