1) I accidentally grabbed a meat fork and used it to eat a hot dairy lasagna out of a milchig Pyrex container (my lunch at work). I believe the fork is now treife, and needs to be rekashered, but does the pyrex as well? :( The fork had not been used for at least 24 hours.
2) While washing just a pareve fork yesterday by hand in hot water (without gloves), I accidentally dropped it in the treife (non-kosher) sink. Does it need to be rekashered?
3) Is there ever anything wrong with putting a clean utensil down for a moment on a non-kosher counter? Does it matter if it is wet? Or hot?
- Correct, the fork neeeds kasheing but the pyrdish doesn’t, because the fork wasn’t used within 24 hours.
- It is quetionable, and it depends if some cold water or detergents were used, and the last tinme the trief sink was used for hot etc. The best thing is, since you have to kasher the other fork, wait 24 hours wash them well and kasher both of them.
- It is better not to, because it can lead to problems, but if it is dry and cold it is not goint to make it trief.