Hello, can the following be done on Chol Hoamoed?
1. Rip toilet paper/floss/other paper
2. Word searches/games/crossword puzzles that involve using a pen? Must it done with a shinui?
3. Buying fruits and vegetables that could have been bought before but are fresher if one waits?
- It is permitted to rip toilet paper on chol hamoed, because it is needed for the chag, and it isn’t a professional act.
- Word searches etc. which are played for chol hamoed enjoyment are permitted. Regarding a shinui, if the text written is not being done in an exact fashion, but sloppily that is fine.
- It is permitted to buy whaever is needed for Yom Tov, especially if buying it beforehand will hamper the fresheness of the produce.
- Have a good Yom Tov