Is one allowed to cook/benefit from non-kosher meat from a kosher animal (regular meat slaughtered by a goy) with milk from a kosher animal? I read that the prohibition is only on kosher meat and kosher milk, but I am not sure if the meat has to be shechted or not in order for us to have basar b’chalav issues.

The prohibition not to cook them together will apply, however the prohibition not to benefit from what was cooked is controversial, and in extenuating circumstances one may be lenient.

Rambam Hilchos Maacholos Asuros 9-6, Rambam Mishnayos Krisus 3-4, Pischei Teshuva ibid 6, Dagul Merivava Y:D 87-3, Aruch hashulchan Y:D 87-12, Pri Megadim ibid 16, Chasam Sofer Y:D  92.

Tags: meat and milk

Not what you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Mixtures of meat and milk meat and milk or ask your own question.