- Is buckwheat chumetz?
- Is semolina chumetz?
- Are oats chumetz?
- Is quinoa chumetz?
- Are lentils chumetz?
- Buckwheat is not chometz, however the Ashkenazi is not to eat it as it is included in kitnios, which we don’t eat.
- Semolina comes from wheat and is a type of wheat flur, therefore it can very well be chometz.
- Oats are from the five grains that can be chometz and are not eaten unless specially prepared from Pesach. The same applies to semolina.
- Quinoa is not chometz as it isn’t from the five grains. Regarding it being kitnois, therefis controversy a moung the contemporary poskim if it is included in kitnois or not.
- Lentils are included in kitnios.
Have a chag kasher v’sameach