1) Is it a problem for a woman to put a razor to her face to remove hair?
2) Is it a problem for a woman to shave during the 3 weeks?
- A women is allowed to shave her face with a razor, because the commandment not to shave our face with a razor was only given to men, not to women.
- If there is a need for her to do so, then it is permitted, for example if she is embarrassed by it, or if it bothers her husband, hair that is sticking out of her hair covering, etc.
- Tractate Kiddushin 29a, Rif, Rosh end of Makos, Y:D 181-6.
- M:B 551-79, Moadey Yishurun pg. 128, Kovetz Halachos (Bein Hametazrim) 6-2, Piskei Teshuvos 551- 3. Also see Kovetz M’Bais Levi (Bein Hametzarim) pg. 5 who permits her to shave her legs until the nine days.