Meaty Sponge for Parve Utensil
Can a parve utensil be cleaned with a fleishig sponge and still remain parve?
The utensil would remain parve provided that one of the following three conditions were met:
1. Cold water was used to wash the utensil.
2. The sponge had not been used for fleishigs for twenty-four hours or more, and there were not actual pieces of meat on it.
3. Soap had been added to the sponge, and there were no actual pieces of meat on it.
If any one of the three conditions are met, the utensil remains parve.
Is it lechatchila to just use fleishigs/milk sponge with soap to wash pareve or do I need to be careful and use a parve sponge?
Also can I wash plastic containers/foil pans in one sink and they remain parve and can be used for the opposite?
Thank you so much!
- You should have a pareve sponge for washing pareve. All of what was written in the answer given was b’dieved, if it was already done, but not that this should be the person’s normal habit.
- If I understand your question correctly, you mean to ask, that if you washed a pareve pan with a pareve sponge, in a milchig sink, may the pan then be used for fleishig. You may use them for the opposite type if it was washed with a pareve sponge.