1) How can I warm up fried shnitzel on a hotplate on shabbos? Is it okay to put it on top of a pot that is on a hot plate?
2) Is it okay to add cold water to hot soup/tea/etc in kli shlishi? What about pouring hot soup/etc onto cold water drops in a kli shlishi?
3) Is it okay to put bread/matzah/cookies in a kli sheni?
- It is ok to put the fried shnitzel on top of a pot on top of your hot plate. The shnitzel was already fried, and it doesn’t appear to be cooking because this is not the normal way things are cooked.
- It is permitted to add cold water to a kli shleishi, in fact you can even add cold water to a kli sheini, as water does not cook in a kli sheini.
- It is controversial if we may put baked into a kli sheini, therefore we are stringent about this and do not place baked items into a kli sheini.
- Best wishes