For donations Click Here

Do I maaser disability and child support?


Shalom aleichem, I receive monthly payments from the government for my son’s disability and child support (ex doesn’t pay). Am I supposed to maaser this money? Also, if my parents give me money if I don’t make enough, am I supposed to maaser it?
Thank you.




A person who is not making enough money to support themselves for their needs, essentaially does not have to give ma’aser. What you can do is separate the ma’aser money and then use it yourself, because you are also a person who is in need of the money.

Hashem should send you an abundance of parnossa.

Best wishes


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *